ARRIS's NASCAR sponsorship announcement drove a great deal of interest this week! Media outlets including Yahoo! Sports covered the news that ARRIS will sponsor two Joe Gibbs Racing team drivers, Carl Edwards and Daniel Suarez.
In industry coverage, Rapid TV News reported on a recent ABI Research market study looking at set top devices and home networks. Editors called-out ARRIS as a “clear winner” in the set top market.
Broadband Technology Report covered SCTE’s continued progress toward creating new standards and best practices for energy management and network operations.
Multichannel News shared that ad viewing in TV Everywhere environments is still on the upswing, citing FreeWheel’s latest Video Monetization Report.
And finally, FierceCable posted about a report from Parks Associates, noting that analysts expect 80% of consumers to have a 4K viewing device in the next 10 to 12 years.
Do you agree with this 4K adoption rate? Let us know at @ARRISEVERYWHERE - we’d love to hear from you. And, be sure to check back next week for the latest industry news.
- ARRIS to sponsor NASCAR’s Carl Edwards (Aug. 20) By Phil W. Hudson, Atlanta Business Chronicle: ARRIS will be the primary sponsor of NASCAR’s number 19 Carl Edwards for 17 races in the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Joe Gibbs, founder and owner of Joe Gibbs Racing, said in addition to sponsoring Edwards, ARRIS will also share a vision with Carlos Slim Domit and Escuderia TELMEX to develop Mexican and Latin American drivers in NASCAR.
- STB market grows with ARRIS leading the pack (Aug. 21) By Michelle Clancy, Rapid TV News: According to ABI Research, most manufacturers saw similar sales, with a few notable exceptions. ARRIS came in a clear winner, growing about 60% year-over-year to 711 USD million (pro-forma based on the combined ARRIS-Motorola from the start of 2013).
- SCTE Busy on the Standards Front (Aug. 20) By BTR Staff, Broadband Technology Report: The SCTE announced continued progress in the creation of standards and best practives for energy management and network operations, as well as the availability of three standards sessions at Cable-Tec Expo 2014.
- TV Everywhere Ad Views Surge In Q2: FreeWheel (Aug. 14) By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News: TV Everywhere apps are still disjointed in terms of the content offered and what’s accessible to viewers in or out of the home, but advertising views in the still nascent segment continue to climb all the same.
- Making 4K a reality (Aug. 18) By Sue Marek, FierceCable: 4K is the next-generation of high definition TV with four times the resolution of current HD screens. Unlike 3D, which failed to take off due to multiple technical hurdles, many expect 4K to blossom and become the next step in the high-definition migration path.
Posted inAll Posts